Encrypted remote backup of a Synology NAS using Raspberry Pi and duplicity.
My Data is currently stored on a 5 bay Synology NAS running a SHR RAID. All data is periodically backed up to a external hard drive using HyperBackup. This way my data is safe from a RAID failure. BUT what if the data gets mechanically destroyed or a virus encrypts all data on the NAS? An off-site backup solution must be found.
- Off-site backup at low to no cost therefore cloud services are expelled
- Data transfer over SSH because security
- Data encryption! I don’t want my data off-site and accessible to everyone
- SSH enabled on the Synology NAS
- A domain or IP pointing to your Synology NAS